Castries, October 28th, 2016; The Department of Commerce, International Trade, Investment, Enterprise Development and Consumer Affairs works integrally with a number of Affiliate Agencies to provide a full spectrum of support services needed to foster the growth and development of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) from incubation to export.
It is on this basis that the Department has designated November as Business Month under the theme, “Your Passion, Your Business.”
This initiative aims to promote and foster an entrepreneurial culture in Saint Lucia, while creating an enabling environment which allows MSMEs to become competitive, sustainable and profitable.
The core objectives of Business Month are to:
· Create awareness of the functions of the Department of Commerce and its Affiliate Agencies;
· Showcase the functions and services of Affiliate Agencies and their plans to foster business development and sustainability;
· Showcase the products and services of Small Businesses and celebrate their achievements;
· Generate discussion on Entrepreneurship in Saint Lucia, while showing the relationship between Entrepreneurship and Job Creation;
· Highlight the support path of business development from start-up to export.
A calendar of activities has been planned by the Department of Commerce in the form of panel discussions; debates; symposiums; seminars; trade shows and other celebratory events in observance of Business Month. This calendar of month-long activities will also serve as an advertorial piece, highlighting the overall mandate of each entity and how they collaborate to achieve the mission and vision of the Department of Commerce.
As part of activities to commemorate Business Month a Media and Ceremonial Launch will be held on Tuesday, November 1st, 2016, at the National Television Network (NTN) Studio, Hewanorra House, Pointe Seraphine at 10:00 a.m.
The Department of Commerce, International Trade, Investment, Business Development, Investment and Consumer Affairs encourages the participation and support of the business community and the general public in the various events in observance of Business Month.
For further information on Business Month please contact Mr. Glenfield Gilbert, Trade Information Officer at 468-2051/717-5178 or Ms. Lydia Dariah, Information Officer at 468-4219/484-1464.