Friday, November 22, 2019

Man chokes to death as shirt gets caught in escalator

Sky News:-  A man choked to death when his shirt got caught in an escalator in a New York subway.

The 48-year-old man was found unconscious on top of the escalator with part of his shirt caught in the machine and the neckline choking him.

Officials have named him as Carlos Alvarez, according to US media.

The authorities had been called to reports of a man behaving erratically at the Intervale Station in Longwood, southwest Bronx.

They arrived at the station at around 3.45am local time on Sunday (8.45am BST).

Police were able to cut the shirt off the 48-year-old man and took him to Lincoln Hospital, but he later died.

Surveillance video captured Mr Alvarez trying in vain to free himself, WPIX/Channel 11 reported.

The New York Post quoted an unnamed Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) worker as saying it was “an accident” and that “somebody fell and went all the way up.”

A witness, Giovanni Fernandez, told the tabloid that passers-by had tried to help the man, saying: “When I got off the train, I saw the guy stuck on the escalator.

“A lot of people were surrounding him [and] he was at the top.

2 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.

TRENDING

‘Huge’ Fire At Voyager In Castries

Firefighters have responded to what they describe as a 'huge' fire at  the building housing Voyager variety store in the William Peter Boulevard,  Castries,...

Voyager Building Destroyed By Fire

The Voyager building on the William Peter Boulevard in Castries has been destroyed by fire, emergency officials say. Deputy Fire Chief George Victorin told St...

Castries Vendor Says Tourist Stole From Her

Castries vendor Bertha Nicholas has told a local television station that a tourist stole from her booth at the Vendors Arcade. MBC Prime reported Wednesday...

Six Saint Lucians Held At Sea Repatriated

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Coast Guard officials intercepted a vessel with six Saint Lucian males on board early Wednesday morning and turned them...
BREAKING: 'Huge' Fire At Voyager In Castries (VIDEO)Read
+ +