(From contributor Rebecca Francis)
WHAT IS IT ? : Turmeric comes from the Curcuma longa plant, which grows in India and other Southeast Asian countries. The dried root of the Curcuma longa plant is ground into the distinctive yellow turmeric powder. There are several chemical compounds found in turmeric, known as curcuminoids.
There is a long list of the skin care benefits of turmeric and the associated compounds, including the treatment of acne blemishes, blackheads, dark spots and hyper pigmentation and other skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. It helps heal and prevent dry skin, and to slow the skin aging process, and is used to diminish wrinkles, keep skin supple and improve skin’s elasticity. This sunny bright spice is also being used as an ingredient in sunscreens.
How to use:
- Take 2 tablespoons of organic turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Add melted extra-virgin coconut oil; just pour in enough to make a smooth, thick paste.
- Mix the two ingredients thoroughly to prepare a smooth blend of spice and oil.
- Use a cosmetic brush to apply it on your face; ensure that your acne-prone areas are completely covered.
- Leave the mask on for 15 to 20 minutes; then wash it off with lukewarm water.
(method two) turmeric and lemon
- Take 1 tablespoon of organic turmeric powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice as well.
- ix thoroughly with a spatula to get a smooth mixture.
- Apply the prepared paste on the acne-afflicted areas.
- Leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Pat dry your face with a soft towel and apply a light, oil-free moisturizer.
MAKE TWICE A WEEK
Products made from turmeric:
- TEETH WHITENING
- NATURAL SOAPS
- COLAN CLEANSERS