Press Release:- As the facility continues to safeguard the health and safety of its patients, visitors, employees and the community at large, new guidelines for accessing the labour and delivery rooms are set for implementation as of August 30th, 2021.
The management of Millennium Heights Medical Complex has consistently reviewed the current risk factors as it relates to the Covid-19 pandemic and as such, have highlighted various rules which will take effect, for all guests accessing the labour and delivery rooms.
Effective August 30th, 2021, the follow measures must be adhered to ensure the safety of all accessing the rooms:
1. Only one support person is allowed per patient.
2. A rapid COVID-19 test will be done prior to the support person being allowed into the
3. Support personnel MUST declare any symptoms on the OKEUH Labour & Delivery Unit
Support Personnel sign in sheet.
4. Support personnel are only permitted to stay during the active phase of labour. i.e. when
the labouring patient has been transferred to the delivery suite.
5. Support personnel are not permitted to leave the delivery suite, and as such, should
ensure that they come prepared with any materials necessary to remain on the unit. e.g.
6. Support personnel are not allowed to alternate with other family members.
7. Support personnel must adhere to social distancing and hygiene protocols, i.e.
handwashing, sanitising, correct usage of face masks and social distancing
It is with an abundance of care for all parties especially the labouring patient, that we request the cooperation of the public as we implement these new measures. Non-compliance with any of the directives from staff members may result in removal of the support person from the unit by security.
The management and staff of the MHMC appeals to the public to comply with the new
measures as we continue to put your health first.