PM Thanks Pierre For Taking Part In ‘Recover Saint Lucia’ Launch, Urges All Hands On Deck Against COVID-19

- Advertisement -

Prime Minister Allen Chastanet has thanked opposition leader, Philip J. Pierre, for his participation in last week’s ‘Recover Saint Lucia’ launch and has urged his countrymen to come together in the face of the current COVID-19 pandemic.

Chastanet said his administration looks for ward to working with the Saint Lucia Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture on the new initiative.

It is intended at engage and encourage citizens, companies and communities to be more responsive and resilient amidst the current COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.

“I have always maintained that to win against the COVID-19 pandemic we need all hands on deck and we need to be our brother’s and sister’s keeper,” Prime Minister Chastanet wrote Sunday on his official Facebook page.

- Advertisement -

“We need to look out for each other and sometimes that means even policing each other when it comes to obeying the protocols. We may not always agree but when it comes to COVID-19 we need to speak with one voice. We must support the work of our Chief Medical Officer and the entire hard working team at the Ministry of Health, who have led us well so far,” he stated.

Chastanet explained that for his administration, protecting the health of citizens of this country is the main priority.

“We have devoted time and resources to ensure Saint Lucia was in a position to manage the pandemic from a health standpoint,” he noted.

Chastanet recalled that the government has launched an Economic Recovery Programme with several pillars including helping the most vulnerable.

He also said the government has already rolled out the electricity assistance,  increased the number of persons on the vulnerable persons list and last week  announced a loan-grant programme through Saint Lucia Development Bank (SLDB) for businesses in need of the service.

The PM expressed the view that Saint Lucia is seeing signs of recovery and so far within the public service, there have been no job losses due to COVID.

“We have been able to meet salary payments. This is not by accident. It is through the deliberate decisions and dedication of this Government to ensure we get through this difficult time,” Chastanet asserted.

“However, we can achieve more if we all understand the ultimate goal is to help Saint Lucia. I am pleased that the private sector has recognized the great role they play in ensuring that balance between protecting health and keeping the economy going,” he declared.

He explained that with the initiatives in the Government’s Economic Recovery and the launch of Recover Saint Lucia, “we are truly seeing the national approach we always envisioned and I renew the call for all of us to come together to fight COVID-19.”

- Advertisement -
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff
Our Editorial Staff at St. Lucia Times is a team publishing news and other articles to over 200,000 regular monthly readers in Saint Lucia and in over 150 other countries worldwide.

5 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.

TRENDING

Subscribe to our St. Lucia Times Newsletter

Get our headlines emailed to you every day.

spot_img
Send this to a friend