Police Intervene After Returning National Breaches COVID-19 Protocols

- Advertisement -

Police have intervened after a returning national committed multiple breaches of Saint Lucia’s COVID-19 protocols.

The individual has been placed in government quarantine.

Members of the violator’s household have also been placed there, the Ministry of Health and Wellness has disclosed.

The disclosure came in a press release on Monday.

- Advertisement -

The Ministry said on Tuesday, July 28, 2020, it received information from a local bank of a returning national from the United Kingdom who was accessing services within the bank.

The individual had returned to Saint Lucia two days earlier on Sunday, July 26 , 2020, the Ministry statement explained.

It said the police were contacted.

An investigation noted many breaches, including leaving home quarantine in less than 14 days, receiving guests into the home during the quarantine period and providing inaccurate information to health authorities in relation to the number of persons residing at the dwelling house where quarantine was taking place.

“The  individual in question and the remaining members of the household were all transferred to a government operated quarantine facility, where they were screened and tested. The family will complete the 14 day quarantine at that institution,” according to the Ministry statement.

It quoted Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Sharon Belmar-George as commending the Royal           Saint Lucia Police Force, the Private Institution associated with the case and the community for their “vigilance and swift response to this matter.”

““We wish to remind the public that applying for the privilege of home quarantine does     not automatically mean that your request is approved. One must await a response           of confirmation from the Department of Health and Wellness as background checks will be conducted to support your  request. Applicants too must remember that once approved, you must operate with integrity and follow the protocols agreed to,”  she added.

It was noted that with the reopening of the borders, visitors from the Travel Bubble have begun visiting Saint Lucia.

These visitors are required to submit a negative PCR COVID-19 test prior to arrival into Saint Lucia within seven days of travel.

All arriving passengers from within the ‘Bubble’ must have travelled directly from a country within the bubble and have been in that country for at least 21 days, the Ministry of Health and Wellness stated.

However it observed that Bubble travellers do not require quarantine but will be screened on arrival and are subject to all on-island protocols.

The Ministry reminded members of the public that any known infringements on the part of persons approved for home quarantine or visitors outside the designated Travel Bubble should be anonymously reported to the 311 Hotline, the nearest police station or the Ministry of Health and Wellness at 468 -5318/ 468-5349.

 

 

- Advertisement -
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff
Our Editorial Staff at St. Lucia Times is a team publishing news and other articles to over 200,000 regular monthly readers in Saint Lucia and in over 150 other countries worldwide.

7 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.

TRENDING

Subscribe to our St. Lucia Times Newsletter

Get our headlines emailed to you every day.

spot_img
Send this to a friend