Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Police Thank Public After Charging Suspect In Vieux Fort Murder

- Advertisement -

Saint Lucia police have expressed gratitude to members of the public, after laying charges against a suspect in the recent Vieux Fort murder.

“The Royal St. Lucia Police Force wishes to thank the members of public who were instrumental in bringing a resolution to this matter,” a press release from the police Friday said.

The release was issued a day after law enforcement officers charged 20 year old Miguel Soumere of Bruceville, Vieux Fort for causing the death of Melvin George, 30, on January 25, 2019.

George, a fish cleaner, was shot in the head by a gunman wearing a ‘hoodie’, according to reports.

The incident took place at the Vieux Fort Fisheries Complex.

Saint Lucia police disclosed that Miguel Soumere was charged for the offence of Murder, Contrary to Section 85 of the Criminal Code Chapter 3.01 of the Revised Laws of St. Lucia 2013.

He was taken to the Second District Court for a bail hearing, where he was remanded into custody, the police press statement said.

Soumere is expected to return before the court on Tuesday, March 12, 2019, for Case Management.

The accused himself survived a murder attempt when he was ambushed last month by a gunman and shot in the head.

Soumere is reported to have lost vision in one eye as a result of the incident.

His cousin,  Irvin Julian, was charged with the attempt to kill him.

 

- Advertisement -

5 COMMENTS

  1. The PR of the police suck,you send us a telegram,dont we deserve more info about the court case,what did the acuser say about his victim,the reason for the killing? what links these three ?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

BREAKING: One dead, one injured in vehicle accidentRead
+ +