Press Release:– Today Monday January 11, 2021 the Ministry of Health received confirmation of sixteen new cases of COVID-19 from a batch of 73 COVID-19 tests conducted by the Ezra Long Laboratory.
This brings the total number of cases diagnosed in country to 478 as of today January 11 , 2021.
One of the cases is a non-national.
Case #466 is a 25 year old female.
The individual was placed in quarantine pending receipt of the COVID-19 test result.
She has since been placed in isolation.
The other fifteen cases are all Saint Lucian nationals ranging in age from 21 years to 60 years.
They are from the Castries, Anse La Raye, Gros-Islet, Micoud, Babonneau and Vieux -Fort districts.
All cases are stable and none require critical care.
They were seen at a community respiratory clinic, where they were assessed and tested for COVID -19.
While awaiting receipt of their test results, they were placed in quarantine by a health practitioner.
Epidemiological links have been established for nine of these cases.
Investigations are on-going by the contact tracing team to determine the possible existence of a link for the other six cases.
Arrangements have been made to place these individuals into isolation.
The Ministry of Health once again encourages everyone to continue practicing the recommended infection prevention and control measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
- Wash your hands often during the day using soap and flowing water
- Wear a mask in public places and ensure it covers the mouth, chin and nose
- Maintain a distance of six feet from others
- Use a bleach solution to sanitize frequently touched surfaces and frequently handled objects
- Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical care at the closest community respiratory clinic
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates to the public.