Press Release:– From March 2020, The Government of Saint Lucia through its COVID-19 response efforts established quarantine facilities at five local hotels and ensured over a four-month period the safe repatriation and accommodation of 844 Saint Lucian nationals.
To date, the Government has accommodated a total of 2,261 individuals at its Public Health Facilities, including repeat travelers. Government’s expenditure for the national COVID-19 response to date, tallies at over $10 million.
The Government of Saint Lucia’s response includes the refurbishment of the Victoria Hospital into a Respiratory Hospital, increased marine policing operations, hosting of the Cuban Medical Brigade, establishment and operation of respiratory clinics, daily transportation to quarantine sites, COVID-19 testing requirements, Personal Protective Equipment and other key areas.
While the Government continues to cater to, and cushion the needs of returning nationals, at this juncture it is also prudent for the Government to focus on other critical areas in continued preparation for any uncertainties with the ongoing pandemic.
The Government of Saint Lucia has announced that with the continued responsible phased reopening approach of the travel sector, effective October 15, 2020, daily fees associated with the mandatory quarantine period outlined for returning nationals and residents at State Operated Quarantine Facilities will be the responsibility of the traveler.
The daily fees cover the cost for all amenities including a bed and bathroom, Air Conditioning, Wi-Fi, 3 meals per day, toiletries, and bottled water. Single occupancy USD $95.00, Double occupancy USD $165.00, Triple occupancy USD $240.00. Double and triple occupancy applies to families within the same unit.
Acknowledging the nature of the COVID-19 Pandemic, Applications for Exemption of Payment can be accessed on www.stlucia.org/covid-19. Exemptions would be granted to students returning home within three months of completion of studies, and to persons who have travelled for medical care. The Government will also consider dire socio-economic and other related circumstances including the loss of immediate family members (mother, father, brother sister, son, daughter, grandparents) and the forced repatriation of nationals. Supporting documents must accompany all applications.
During the quarantine period, all returning nationals will be swabbed for COVID-19 testing on the seventh day. Those who have received a negative PCR result and meet the criteria to thereafter be quarantined at home as determined by the Health Authorities, would be granted permission to do so with the wearing of an Amber Solution watch and a BioIntelliSense sticker at a one-time cost of EC$260.00. The Amber Solution watch will be rented for the period and will be mapped to the individual(s) residential perimeters. The BioIntelliSense sticker is for a one-time use and will also monitor vital signs.
Being mindful that the State regulated quarantine period is 14 days, those who do not meet the requirements to leave State Quarantine will need to ensure their payment for accommodation is made for the full 14 days.
Anyone testing positive for COVID-19 will be immediately transferred to the Respiratory Hospital for treatment and care.
14-day Home Quarantine will apply strictly to minors, persons with health conditions and those with specific conditions. Applications can be accessed online at www.stlucia.org/covid-19. Permission will be granted by the Office of the Chief Medical Officer after careful review of all applications. These individuals will also be required to wear the electronic monitoring devices at the abovementioned cost.
Returning nationals from all international jurisdictions must note the following:
- Check with the airlines for flight schedules.
- Secure your reservation and facilitate payment for accommodation at a Government Operated Public Health Facility by accessing the booking portal located on www.stlucia.org/covid-19. All fees must be paid directly to the Quarantine Facility.
- If you have applied for quarantine payment exemption, please await confirmation of approval from the Office of the Chief Medical Officer. A 7-day wait period is necessary to facilitate applications.
- Once State Quarantine arrangements have been confirmed, prefill the Travel Registration from located on www.stlucia.org/covid-19. You must do so no less than 3 days prior to travel. Print and travel with the Authorized Travel Registration.
- Obtain and upload a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Negative COVID-19 Test within 7 days of Travel into Saint Lucia. Please ensure that the result indicates PCR. You must Travel with a Copy of your Result.
- Upon arrival into Saint Lucia, the wearing of a mask is mandatory.
- All arriving persons will be screened at the Port of Entry and assessed for any signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- After advancing to immigration and customs, you will be guided to the designated Government Operated Transportation for transfer to the Public Health Facility.
- At the Public Health Facility, you will be screened daily by Healthcare Professionals. You are permitted to receive items from friends and family. However, you are not permitted to deliver items to anyone until your full 14-day quarantine period has come to an end. The Government of Saint Lucia wishes to remind nationals and residents that only essential travel is encouraged at this time.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation in ensuring a safe experience for all.
More information about Saint Lucia’s COVID-19 response, travel requirements, quarantine and payment exemption application forms can be found at www.stlucia.org/covid-19.