Press Release: The Cabinet of Ministers has approved the granting of concessions on barrels imported between 1 st November 2021 and 31st January 2022. The concessions are granted in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
1. 100% Waiver of Import Duty on personal items, food, clothing, toys, and other household consumables. Electronic items are explicitly excluded;
2. The number of barrels that would qualify for the concessions would be limited to two (2)
3. There would be an upper limit of EC$2,500 per barrel on the value of items qualifying for
4. The items identified in one (1) must be for personal use only and not for commercial use;
5. The usual penalties, fines, etc. would be applied if the goods are used for commercial
6. Barrels imported during the period under consideration will be exempted from Value
Added Tax (VAT) pending the passage of the appropriate negative resolution by Parliament.