Press Release:- Today Wednesday December 16, 2020 the Ministry of Health recorded a batch of 175 negative COVID tests.
No positive cases of COVID-19 were received today.
This brings the total number of tests conducted in country to date to 17, 986.
A total of three recoveries were also recorded today, reducing the number of active cases to 29.
The Ministry of Health provides an additional reminder that we are all participants in the national response to reduce the impact of COVID-19 on our nation.
We each need to continue practicing the infection prevention and control measures:
– Wash your hands during the day using soap and flowing water
– Wear a mask in public places and ensure it covers the mouth, chin and nose
– Maintain a distance of six feet from others
– Use a bleach solution to sanitize frequently touched surfaces and frequently handled
– Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
It is important that if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and you immediately seek medical care at the closest community respiratory clinic.
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates as new information becomes available.