Press Release:– As of June 21, 2020, the World Health Organization reported a total of 8, 708,008 confirmed cases of COVID-19 globally, with 461,715 deaths. Within the region of the Americas there was a total of 3, 841,609 cases.
As of June 22, 2020 Saint Lucia has recorded a total of 19 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 18 of those cases have fully recovered. Testing results received on the weekend indicated 98 negative test results.
These results include many of the repatriated nationals. A total of 1,584 tests have
been carried out to date.
As we continue to live in a COVID-19 environment we remind the public on measures to
prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
We note that generally persons have relaxed on the public health measures. As social activity has increased, the public is reminded to continue adhering to recommended measures.
We continue to request that every individual, practice the standard recommendations to prevent the spread of infection.
– regular hand washing with soap and water or alcohol based hand sanitizer where soap
and water is not available
– cover mouth and nose with disposable tissues or clothing when coughing and sneezing
– avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as
coughing and sneezing
Administration* Environmental Health* Bureau of Health Education* Accounts* Community
– wear your home made or cloth mask whenever leaving home
– maintain a 6 foot distance when in public even while wearing a mask
– seek medical attention if you have symptoms suggestive of respiratory illness
– when shopping, refrain from touching items unless you intend to buy them
– avoid mass crowd events and activities at this time
The community wellness centres and respiratory clinics remain open to provide care to all in need, please utilise their services in a timely manner.
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing regular updates on COVID-19.