Press Release:- Today Saturday July 10, 2021 the Ministry of Health and Wellness received confirmation of 19 new cases of COVID-19 from the Ezra Long Laboratory.
These results are from a batch of 171 samples taken on July 7, 2021 and July 8, 2021.
The samples were processed on July 9, 2021.
All of these individuals were seen at various community respiratory clinics where they were
assessed and tested for COVID-19.
In keeping with the COVID-19 testing protocol, they were each placed in home quarantine by healthcare practitioners while awaiting the return of their test results.
Arrangements have since been made to place these individuals into isolation.
The contact tracing for these new cases is currently underway.
Confirmation was also received today of the recovery of 10 individuals diagnosed with COVID-19.
This brings the total number of active cases currently recorded in country to date to 120.
Presently, three of the active cases require critical care at the Respiratory Hospital.
The new cases bring the total number of cases diagnosed in country to date to 5399.
As of July 8, 2021 a total of 31, 229 individuals have received the first dose of the vaccine
and 22, 470 individuals have received the second dose of the vaccine.
Individuals 18 years and older are encouraged to get vaccinated to protect themselves, family, friends and others.
Let us all continue practicing the infection prevention and control measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
– Wash your hands frequently using soap and flowing water
– Wear a mask in public places and ensure it covers the mouth, chin and nose
– Maintain a physical distance from others
– Use a bleach solution to sanitize frequently touched surfaces and frequently handled
– Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
– If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates to the public as new
information becomes available.