Press Release:- Today, Monday, June 7, 2021, the Ministry of Health and Wellness received confirmation of 5 new cases of COVID-19 from the Ezra Long Laboratory.
This is from a batch of 155 samples that were taken on June 4 and June 5.
They were all processed on Sunday, June 6, 2021.
These newly diagnosed individuals were seen at various community respiratory clinics, where they were assessed and tested for COVID-19.
In keeping with the national COVID19 testing protocol, they were each placed in home quarantine by healthcare practitioners while awaiting receipt of their COVID-19 test results.
Arrangements have since been made to place them in isolation.
The contact tracing for these newly diagnosed individuals is underway.
The Ministry of Health and Wellness has also received news of the recovery of 6 individuals,
bringing the total number of active cases in country to 149.
All active cases are currently doing well and none of them currently require intensive care.
The new cases bring the total number of active cases diagnosed in country to date to 5138.
The Ministry continues to implore the public to practice the infection prevention and control
measures necessary to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
– Wash your hands frequently using soap and flowing water
– Wear a mask in public places and ensure it covers the mouth, chin and nose
– Maintain a physical distance from others
– Use a bleach solution to sanitize frequently touched surfaces and frequently handled objects
– Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
– If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical care
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates to the public as new
information becomes available.