Press Release:– Today Sunday December 13, 2020 the Ministry of Health received confirmation of one confirmed case of COVID-19 from a batch of 109 tested conducted.
This brings the total number of cases diagnosed in country to date to 275.
Case #275 is a 35 year old female from the Castries district.
The individual was seen at a community respiratory clinic, where she was assessed and tested for COVID-19.
The individual was placed in quarantine by the health practitioner while awaiting the return of her test result.
An epidemiological link has not been established for this case.
Investigations are on-going by the contact tracing team to determine the possible existence
of epidemiological link for this case.
As per protocol, arrangements were made for the placement of this individual into isolation.
The Ministry of Health also recorded six COVID-19 recoveries for today, Dec 13, 2020
bringing the new total number of active cases currently in country to 68.
To date, Saint Lucia has recorded a total of 203 recoveries in country.
As we celebrate National Day, let us all remain on alert and continue to play our part to protect the health and safety of our family, friends, colleagues and neighbours.
We ask all to minimize their movements, avoid social gatherings and other activities which will bring about greater exposure to the virus.
Let us continue practicing the infection prevention and control measures to minimize the spread of COVID-19:
– Wash your hands during the day using soap and flowing water
– Wear a mask in public places and ensure it covers the mouth, chin and nose
– Maintain a distance of six feet physical distance from others
– Use a bleach solution to sanitize frequently touched surfaces and frequently handled
– Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
– If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical care
at the closest community respiratory clinic
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates as new information becomes available.