Press Release: Today Saturday November 14, 2020, the Ministry of Health received confirmation of two new cases of COVID-19.
This brings the total number of cases diagnosed in country to date to 162.
- Case #161 is a 84 year old male from the Castries district.
- Case #162 is a 39 year old female from the Dennery district.
These individuals were assessed and tested for COVID-19 within community respiratory
They were both placed in quarantine by the health practitioners while awaiting receipt of their test results.
Investigations are ongoing to determine any epidemiological links of these cases.
As per protocol, arrangements have been made to place these individuals into care.
This brings the total number of active cases currently in country to 114.
At present, one of the active cases remains in critical care at the Respiratory
Hospital and all other active cases are stable.
The Ministry of Health encourages everyone to ensure their health and well-being, remain a
Amidst the challenges of COVID-19 it is important to make time on a daily basis to
manage your mental health.
It is important to set aside time to relax and engage in things which improve our well-being.
As such, though it is important to keep abreast with the COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to avoid over-consuming information on the virus.
The Ministry of Health once more reminds of the habits to keep as part of our daily routine for infection prevention and control measures.
- Wash and sanitize hands often during the day, particularly when out of home
- Ensure a mask is always used while in public
- Follow the floor markers in public spaces to maintain the recommended physical
distance. Where floor markers are not available as a guide, the separation from the next
person should be about two arm’s length apart
- If experiencing flu-like symptoms keep away from others and seek medical care
immediately at the closest respiratory clinic
- Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates as new information