Saint Lucia has recorded two more COVID-19 related deaths and two new cases of the virus.
As a result of the deaths, the total number of individuals who have succumbed was 69 as of Monday.
“Death #68 is a 65 year old male from the Castries district with underlying medical illnesses. Death #69 is a 68 year old male from the Soufriere district with underlying medical illnesses,” a Ministry of Health and Wellness statement said.
It said the Ezra Long Laboratory confirmed the two new COVID-19 cases from a batch of 30 samples.
The samples were taken on April 16, 2021 and April 17, 2021.
And the laboratory processed them on April 18, 2021.
Health care providers placed the two individuals they tested for COVID-19 in home quarantine pending the results.
Since then, the health care providers have arranged to put them in isolation.
At the same time, contract tracing is underway.
The Ministry of Health has also announced the recovery of 14 COVID-19 patients.
As a result, the total number of active cases is 85.
However, one of the active cases requires critical care at the Respiratory Hospital.
So far, Saint Lucia has diagnosed 4419 cases of COVID-19 in total.
As of April 17, 2021 a total of 23, 688 individuals have received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and 39 individuals have received the second dose.
Phase two of the is currently underway.
This phase will target people in the education, commercial, tourism and transportation sectors.
And on Tuesday, April 20, 2021 the health team will be administering the COVID-19 vaccine at the Phillip Marcellin Grounds and the Daren Sammy Cricket Grounds.
The Ministry Of Health has encouraged people who are interested to pre-register.
They may do so via the online platform https://hmi.govt.lc/ or at the nearest Community Wellness Centre.