Press Release:- Today, Wednesday December 23, 2020 the Ministry of Health received confirmation of two new cases of COVID -19.
This is from a total of 107 samples tested.
This brings the total number of cases diagnosed in country to date to 305.
Case #304 is a 23 year old female from the Dennery district
Case #305 is a 23 year old male from the Castries district
The individuals were seen at a community respiratory clinic, where they were assessed and tested for COVID-19.
While awaiting receipt of their test results, they were all placed in quarantine by a health practitioner.
Epidemiological link has been established for case #304. Investigations are on-going by the contact tracing team to determine the possible existence on an epidemiological link for the other case.
Arrangements have been made to place these individual into isolation.
The Ministry of Health also reported one recovery for today.
This brings the number of active cases in country to 36.
At present, all of the active cases are stable and none are in critical care.
With the goal of having a safe celebration of the Christmas season, we ask that persons keep interaction with others at a minimum.
It is important that we all take personal responsibility to limit the spread of the virus and protect our loved ones, particularly if they are vulnerable.
As most of us venture out for last minute shopping for the Christmas season, it is important that the necessary precautions are undertaken to ensure safety for employees and shoppers.
Let us continue practicing the recommended infection prevention and control guidelines to reduce the spread of the virus.
- Wash your hands often during the day using soap and flowing water
- Wear a mask in public places and ensure it covers the mouth, chin and nose
- Maintain a distance of six feet from others
- Use a bleach solution to sanitize frequently touched surfaces and frequently handled objects
- Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical care at the closest community respiratory clinic
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates as new in formation becomes available.