Press Release:- The Ministry of Health today Monday December 14, 2020 received confirmation of three new cases of COVID-19 from a batch of 109 tests.
This brings the total number of cases diagnosed in country to date to 278.
Two of the cases are non-nationals who upon arrival in Saint Lucia required retesting for COVID-19 to satisfy protocol requirements.
These two cases are:
Case #276 is a 22 year old male
Case #277 is a 49 year old female
Both of these cases were placed in quarantine pending receipt of their test results.
They have since been placed in isolation. The third case is a Saint Lucian national.
Case #278 is a 29 year old female from the Gros-Islet district.
She was seen at a community respiratory clinic, where she was assessed and tested for COVID19.
While awaiting receipt of the test result, she was placed in quarantine by a health
Currently, an epidemiological link has not been established for this case.
The contact tracing team is undertaking investigations to determine the possible existence of an epidemiological link for this case.
As per protocol, arrangements have been made for the placement of this individual into isolation.
To date, Saint Lucia has reported a total of 240 recoveries in country.
The new total number of active cases currently in country is 34.
The public is reminded of the importance of practicing the infection prevention and control measures to minimize COVID-19 infections:
– Wash your hands often during the day using soap and flowing water
– Wear a mask in public places and ensure it covers the mouth, chin and nose
– Maintain a distance of six feet physical distance from others
– Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
– If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical care at the closest community respiratory clinic
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates as new information becomes available.