Press Release:- Today Wednesday January 6, 2021 the Ministry of Health received confirmation of two new cases of COVID-19.
This is from a batch of 85 COVID-19 tests conducted by the Ezra Long Laboratory.
This brings the total number of cases diagnosed in country to 382.
The two cases are non-nationals.
Case #381 is a 19 year old female
Case #282 is a 51 year old female
These individuals were placed in quarantine pending receipt of their test results.
They have since been placed in isolation.
The Ministry of Health has recorded a total of 294 recoveries to date with 83 active cases
presently in country.
Let us continue practicing the infection prevention and control measures to minimize the
spread of the COVID-19 virus:
– Wash your hands often during the day using soap and flowing water
– Wear a mask in public places and ensure it covers the mouth, chin and nose
– Maintain a distance of six feet from others
– Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
– If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical care at the closest community respiratory clinic
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates as new information