Press Release:- The Water and Sewerage Company Incorporated WASCO joins the international community in the annual observance of World Water Day on March 22nd 2019.
As part of our mandate, WASCO will lead the charge this year in stamping the message of conservation and sustainable water use in the workplace and at home.
This year’s theme, ‘Leaving No One Behind’, calls attention to a core objective of Sustainable Development Goal number six–to make water accessible to all by 2030.
Despite best efforts at reaching this objective by individuals and organizations around the world, billions of people especially marginalized groups – women, children, refugees, indigenous peoples, disabled people and many others are still living without access to safe water today.
As a utility company WASCO has embarked on a number of projects that are intended to make water more accessible to households, businesses and communities across the island. Some of these projects include:
* The Hill 20 to La Croix Babonneau Pipe Extension Project,
* The Arsene James Ti Rocher Micoud to Micoud Village Water Pipeline Project,
* The Dennery North Water Development Project—Phase 1 and 2
* The Bouton/Soufriere Storage Tank and Pipeline Project
* The John Compton Dam Rehabilitation and Desilting Project
* The Millet Intake rehabilitation Project and the
* Vieux Fort Water Redevelopment Project
In addition to the works being undertaken by WASCO we are also embarking on a public education and sensitization drive to help raise the awareness of the proper management of the water resource.
While the main activities in observance of World Water Day will be showcased at our Headquarters at L’anse Rd, Castries on Friday March 22nd from 10 am to 4pm, we will simultaneously hold our Customer Appreciation Day Activities on the same date at all our branches which are located in Castries Soufriere and Vieux Fort.
We encourage you to visit any of our branches and be a part of this exciting celebration this Friday!