Sunday, September 22, 2019

Woman Charged With Fraud In Neymar Rape Case

SourceBBC NEWS

Must Read

Skills For Youth Employment Project Accepting Applications

Press Release:-  The Ministry of Education, Innovation, Gender Relations and Sustainable Development has signed a contract to implement a...

Retailers Blamed For Sugar Shortage

The Ministry Of Commerce has blamed hoarding by retailers for a 'false' shortage of sugar, HTS News reported Thursday...

Former Foreign Minister’s Social Media Account ‘Hacked’

Former Saint Lucia Foreign Minister Alva Baptiste has issued a warning to members of the public that his account...
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Police in Brazil have charged a woman who accused the international footballer, Neymar, of raping her in a Paris hotel in May with perverting the course of justice.

Najila Trindade and her former husband, Estivens Alves, have been accused of lying to police and attempting to blackmail the player.

The Paris St-Germain player has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

Ms Trindade’s lawyer said the indictment had taken him by surprise.

Cosme Araújo rejected the police accusations and said his client had never colluded with Mr Alves to extort money from the Brazilian football star.

The case dominated newspaper headlines in Brazil and abroad for several weeks.

It first came to light in June, when the Paris St-Germain star released a seven minute video on Instagram revealing that he had been accused of rape.

He also published Whatsapp messages and images that he claimed to be of the woman.

In the video he says he had to make them public to “prove that nothing really happened”.

He said they met online. He paid for her trip to France and they had consensual sex before Ms Trindade returned to Brazil and went to a police station to accuse him of attacking her.

Ms Trindade then went public giving a television interview and releasing footage and a video clip purportedly showing an altercation between the two.

Police later filed a defamation suit against Ms Trindade, who allegedly insinuated the force was corrupt, according to news agency AFP.

Neymar denied the allegations from the beginning and said he was being extorted.

Police closed the case at the end of July.

The São Paulo attorney general’s office said the case was suspended due to a lack of evidence.

- Advertisement -

3 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Headlines

Debutants Impress With Bat And Ball As Tridents Crush Zouks

Press Release:- It was a tale of two Powerplays as Barbados Tridents gave their 2019 Hero Caribbean Premier League (CPL) playoff hopes a major boost...

Teenager Shot Dead

A teenager was shot dead in La Ressource, Dennery Friday night, law enforcement officials say. The deceased has been identified as Nicholas Jn Louis, 19. Police...

T&T Thrash Saint Lucia In Netball

By Terry Finisterre Saint Lucia were thrashed 52-13 by Trinidad and Tobago club Elbasan in the opening exchanges of the regional men's netball tournament, being...

Tourism Industry To Adopt New Action Plan

Press Release:- by Anicia Antoine, GIS The Ministry of Tourism in collaboration with The Travel Foundation have officially launched the ‘Low Carbon and Resource Efficient...

More Articles

Teenager Shot DeadRead
+ +