stluciatimes, caribbean, caribbeannews, stlucia, saintlucia, stlucianews, saintlucianews, stluciatimesnews, saintluciatimes, stlucianewsonline, saintlucianewsonline, st lucia news online, stlucia news online, loop news, loopnewsbarbados

‘Fewer freebies, full stands’: Casimir applauds Kings’ fans

Minister for Education and Sports Kenson Casimir is applauding fans for supporting the Saint Lucia Kings this season during a trying period for Daren Sammy’s young charges. 

Appearing before the press ahead of a cabinet sitting on Monday, Casimir said that such support, especially fans spending their hard-earned money on tickets, is commendable.

“We’ve been seeing a season marked by inconsistency so far from our Saint Lucia Kings, but I must say that I’m very impressed with the show of support from Saint Lucians,” he said. “I will put on record that in my five years, this is the fewest requests I’ve received for complimentary tickets.

“It means that we’re heading in the right direction and people are realising that they need to show their support for sport and get to the facilities. The token amount paid for admission and the excitement you receive, especially in the Johnson Charles Stand, is worth well above the price of entry. 

“So hats off to Saint Lucia for their crowd support. There really is a buzz surrounding sports development in this nation, and it is a testament to what we are seeing in our crowds so far.”

The Kings have won two games and lost two this season, giving them a 50% record. They hope to finish their home leg on a high when they play the tough Guyana Amazon Warriors on Wednesday and then the Jamaica Kingsmen on Friday.

Any third-party or user posts, comments, replies, and third-party entries published on the St. Lucia Times website (https://stluciatimes.com) in no way convey the thoughts, sentiments or intents of St. Lucia Times, the author of any said article or post, the website, or the business. St. Lucia Times is not responsible or liable for, and does not endorse, any comments or replies posted by users and third parties, and especially the content therein and whether it is accurate. St. Lucia Times reserves the right to remove, screen, edit, or reinstate content posted by third parties on this website or any other online platform owned by St. Lucia Times (this includes the said user posts, comments, replies, and third-party entries) at our sole discretion for any reason or no reason, and without notice to you, or any user. For example, we may remove a comment or reply if we believe it violates any part of the St. Lucia Criminal Code, particularly section 313 which pertains to the offence of Libel. Except as required by law, we have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of any content you as a user may post, or any other post or reply made by any third-party on this website or any other online platform owned by St. Lucia Times. All third-parties and users agree that this is a public forum, and we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any content you as a user may post, or any other post or reply made by any third-party on this website. Any posts made and information disclosed by you is at your own risk.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

TRENDING

818
Water

Have you been affected by recent water disruptions?

Subscribe to our St. Lucia Times Newsletter

Get our headlines emailed to you every day.