C.O. Williams Construction Ltd wishes to inform the general and motoring public of the imminent start of road works on the Millennium Highway to Cul de Sac Roundabout Project. The continuing work activities will be carried out between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm and will focus on the following areas for the period Monday October 10th, 2022 to Sunday October 16th, 2022.
- Drain Excavation (Near Ciceron Landfill Area – LHS & RHS)
- Sidewalk Construction (Tunnel #1 to SOL Gas Station)
- Potholing Works (La Toc Roundabout to Ciceron Landfill)
- Road Reconstruction (Ciceron Landfill to Cul de Sac Intersection)
- Surveying Activities (OKEU Roundabout to Cul De Sac Intersection )
Cul de Sac Intersection:
- Earthworks opposite the Bexon Junction (Western Side Cul de Sac Intersection)
- Morne Road Diversion for Culvert construction (Western side of Morne Road)
- Culvert reconstruction and earthworks (Eastern side of Morne Road)
- Retaining wall construction (Both sides of East Coast Road)
Work activities are subject to change depending on weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances.
Temporary accommodations have been made for the safe movement of pedestrians and vehicular traffic within the work zones – traffic lights may be in operation.
All road users and pedestrians are asked to observe the cautionary traffic signage along the road and exercise due care and consideration when traversing the Cul de Sac Intersection and the various sections along the Millennium Highway during the execution of the works.
C.O. Williams Construction Ltd regrets any inconveniences likely to be experienced as a result of the ongoing works and encourages motorists to utilize alternative routes in order to avoid delays. DELAYS ARE LIKELY.
SOURCE: C.O. Williams Group of Companies
I am perplexed as to the reason for the sidewalk construction in that particular area, this is not a residential area, nor does it attract alot of pedestrians, maybe i am missing something
Ok. We have not had rain, so rain no longer interferes with road works. Thanks
I take it the rain is not falling anymore.
Sidewalks are unnecessary on a highway. Which highway anywhere in the world has sidewalks. How about when a driver has a problem where does he pull over? The middle of the lane? Ridiculous.
No no more rain. We have snow falling.
The roads need drainage. The drainage is concealed under the sidewalks
The roads need drainage. The drainage is Concealed under the sidewalks
What is in place to compensate drivers whose vehicles have suffered damage due to the poor conditions of the road? We already pay road tax and extra on every gallon of gas but we still now have exorbitant vehicle maintenance costs thanks to this useless government. I regret my vote
C O Williams please block the craters quickly.