stluciatimes, caribbean, caribbeannews, stlucia, saintlucia, stlucianews, saintlucianews, stluciatimesnews, saintluciatimes, stlucianewsonline, saintlucianewsonline, st lucia news online, stlucia news online, loop news, loopnewsbarbados

Person of interest released as police seek DPP guidance over Rodney Bay death

Police say a person of interest was taken into custody and later released as investigations continue into the death of 28-year-old Tenisha Yarde following an incident in Rodney Bay earlier this month.

Assistant Commissioner of Police Elvis Thomas provided an update on the investigation during a police press conference on Wednesday.

Yarde, a mother of a young son, died on August 10, eight days after she was injured in an incident in Rodney Bay, Gros Islet.

According to police, Yarde was involved in an altercation with a man and another woman on August 2. During the incident, she fell into the road and was struck by an omnibus.

She was transported by ambulance to the Owen King EU Hospital, where she was initially reported to be in stable condition. She later succumbed to her injuries.

Thomas revealed Wednesday that a post-mortem examination had established the cause of Yarde’s death as severe lung injuries, fluid accumulation in the lungs and multiple fractures sustained when she was struck by a vehicle.

“…. The post-mortem revealed that she died from acute lung injury with severe pulmonary edema, as well as multiple fractures due to a vehicular-pedestrian collision,” he said. 

Thomas also confirmed that investigators had taken a person of interest into custody as part of the probe.

“The individual was interviewed in the presence of his legal counsel and was released, pending investigation,” he said.

Police are now consulting with the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions on the next steps in the case. 

“We are continuing to dialogue with the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions in this matter, and so a file will be submitted soon so that we could get some guidance in terms of the way forward in this particular matter,” Thomas explained.

Any third-party or user posts, comments, replies, and third-party entries published on the St. Lucia Times website (https://stluciatimes.com) in no way convey the thoughts, sentiments or intents of St. Lucia Times, the author of any said article or post, the website, or the business. St. Lucia Times is not responsible or liable for, and does not endorse, any comments or replies posted by users and third parties, and especially the content therein and whether it is accurate. St. Lucia Times reserves the right to remove, screen, edit, or reinstate content posted by third parties on this website or any other online platform owned by St. Lucia Times (this includes the said user posts, comments, replies, and third-party entries) at our sole discretion for any reason or no reason, and without notice to you, or any user. For example, we may remove a comment or reply if we believe it violates any part of the St. Lucia Criminal Code, particularly section 313 which pertains to the offence of Libel. Except as required by law, we have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of any content you as a user may post, or any other post or reply made by any third-party on this website or any other online platform owned by St. Lucia Times. All third-parties and users agree that this is a public forum, and we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any content you as a user may post, or any other post or reply made by any third-party on this website. Any posts made and information disclosed by you is at your own risk.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

TRENDING

830
Water

Have you been affected by recent water disruptions?

Subscribe to our St. Lucia Times Newsletter

Get our headlines emailed to you every day.