What the Saint Lucia Fire Service (SLFS) described as a ‘generator issue’ prompted firefighters to respond after receiving a distress call regarding a fire at the St Lucia Cooperative Credit Union League Building on William Peter Boulevard in Castries.
But when the emergency responders arrived after 4:40 pm on Tuesday, they said they encountered a smoke-filled building instead of a fire.
According to reports, the generator in the building had developed a problem resulting in smoke emanating from air condition vents.
The fire service personnel ventilated the building and located the source of the problem.
That whole Valmont block needs a face-lift….what was once the rose of Central castries by old man Valmont is an eyesore by the heirs!