The Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Transport wishes to inform the general public, that as of Tuesday, 17th January, 2023 we launched our new system and online services via digiGov platform.
The myriad of challenges experienced with the over 30-year archaic AS400 system, forced an immediate launch, which regrettably, did not permit sufficient advance notice.
The migration to the new system has encountered some issues which we are working assiduously to resolve. The department empathizes with you the general public, and apologize for the delays in performing transactions at our offices.
The department would also like to inform the public that the following vehicle related services are currently available online:
- Application to Reserve Motor Vehicle Licence Number
- Application for Visitor Permit
- Application for Renewal of Driver’s Licence
- Application for Personalized Plates
- Application for Renewal of Route Permit
- Application for Request for Information from Register
- Application for New Route Permit
- Application For Change of Information on Route Permit (Replacement of Vehicle/Route Banner/Add or Remove Name)
- Application for Vehicle Deregistration
- Application for Renewal of Vehicle Fleet Licence
- Application for Learner’s Permit
- Application for Replacement of Driver’s Licence
- Application For Exchange of Foreign Driver’s Licence
- Registration for Driving Practical Test
- Application for Issue of Provisional Driving Licence
- Registration for Driving Theory Test
- Application for International Driving Permit
- Application for Renewal of Learner’s Permit
- Application for Change of Driver’s Licence Information
The Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Transport encourages the public to utilize the digiGov platform where possible via www.digigovt.lc to minimize the wait time. We thank you for your patience and understanding for the inconveniences caused.
For queries and assistance, the Department can be contacted at 468-300/6301/6302/6303.
SOURCE: The Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Transport